Austin, TX | Part-time
Austin Canoe & Kayak (ACK) is seeking qualified applicants looking to learn and excel with one of the fastest growing outdoor retailers in the market. Austin Canoe & Kayak is an award winning, nationally known small business specializing in kayak fishing and paddle sports, located in the heart of Austin, Texas.
ACK is currently searching for a part time AP/AR Clerk to work within the bounds of our in-house financial department. Ideal candidates will be outgoing, personable and excited to join a family of passionate outdoor enthusiasts who are dedicated to customer service and creating a fun work environment.
This position is responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate and also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties as well as check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
- Records all Accounts Payable
- Records all Payroll Journal Entries
- Classifies Expenses
- Records All Banks Cash, Checks and Credit Card Receipts Daily
- Reconciles All Bank Accounts
- Reconciles All credit Card Accounts
- Pays monthly Sales Tax
Job Requirements – What You Must Have
- 4 year College Degree in Accounting or Related Field
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Knowledge of accruals process is a an added bonus
- Experience with NetSuite is a huge plus
Ideal Candidate – What We Want
- Ability to Multi-Task; Juggle Multiple Projects/Assignments
- Strong Communication Skills
- Effective Project Management Skills; Able To meet Strict Deadlines
- Exceptional Organizational Skills
- Hard Working and Driven Personality
- Ability to Work Comfortably in a Fast Paced, Moving Environment
- Part Time
This is a part-time position, we do not wish to hear from recruiters. Please do not call our stores or customer service line for information.