Retail Store Manager
Austin, TX | Full-time | Salary: $35,000.00 /year
Austin Canoe & Kayak (ACK) is seeking a Store Manager to run the day-to-day activities in our Austin, TX store. The store manager is responsible for store sales, operations and overall customer experience. If you have a passion for the outdoors, and enjoy managing in a high energy retail environment this could be the perfect job for you!
This position REQUIRES a person that enjoys people and selling outdoor products in a low-pressure sales environment. Daily tasks include assisting customers in store and over the phone, as well as picking/packing/shipping Internet orders as needed, maintaining inventory, and general store upkeep. Learning and performing kayak repair and installs is another requirement of the position.
Ideal candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Great leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Love of the outdoors
- Retail experience
- Point-of-Sale experience
- Kayak fishing experience required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. on their own
- Handy with tools
- 1-2 years of Retail management experience
- Canoe or kayaking experience required
Key areas of responsibility
- Train employees. Manage schedule, review work and encourage improvement.
- Assist Customers with purchases.
- Handle Internet Orders
- Maintaining Inventory
- Kayak Repair and Installations
- Rental Business
- Manage Outdoor Demos a Large Show atmosphere
- Merchandising of store
- Store Upkeep
If interested in the position, please reply with your resume AND a brief description outlining why you would be a great candidate for this position highlighting your outdoor experience.