Front End Web Developer
Have you been doing Front End Design for a few years? Do you think you could teach us some tricks? Go check out www.Skis.com. If you know you can provide high quality code solutions to meet or exceed our needs, keep reading becuase we love what we sell, what we do, and have a lot of fun too.
Here at Summit Sports, we have been striving to come up with new and innovative ideas for our sites to be the best source for sporting goods. We have tons of Size Wizards, Product Configurators, Outfit Creators, Buying Guides, Content, and Videos that help shoppers find the right gear for them. We are actively redesigning all of our page types from homepage to category, product to cart, and content to customer account pages. We will also be implementing our new Responsive Web Design code into our code base in the very near future. For this we need someone with good experience to hit the ground running where no training in needed.
We have a great casual and fun environment, strive to steer clear from a corporate culture, all while still focusing on productivity and creativity. To do this we offer time each week for teams to break out and collaborate on ideas for new projects, paid breaks, a game room, contests, bring your dog to work, awards and nominations for reserved parking spaces and free sporting goods. We could go on, but let’s focus on the job first.
- Since our websites are on the Demandware platform, you will be expected to know and/or learn its reference application SiteGenesis, and earn the Demandware Developer Certification. You will use this knowledge to plan, write, and test code that implements the layout and user experience specified in wireframes and PSDs delivered by our Creative Designers.
- Develop sketches or screen layouts to communicate all visual components of the site, including layout and interface design.
- Assist the Development Team with integration of business objectives and usability requirements with interactive and visual design and complete the design of the site according to project objective.
- Maintain and support existing sites including functional enhancements, content updates, and issue resolution.
- Extensive experience converting PSDs into standards-compliant front end code.
- Perform QA and regression testing of web components including but not limited to browser compatibility.
- Completed a degree in computer science, web design or equivalent field.
- 3+ years experience in Front End Development for e-commerce sites (Demandware, Magento or Hybris preferred)
- Solid knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite, specifically: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign programs
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Some Skills that are desired:
- Demandware Developer Certified
- Previous experience with Eclipse
- Use of Firebug or Web Developer toolkits
- Mobile focused web development or responsive design experience
- Familiarity with jQuery library and JSON syntax
- Proficient in graphic design
- Understanding of site performance best practices and SEO
- Working with XML files (data imports/exports)
- REST based API