Call Center Customer Care Representative
Do you love to Ski, Snowboard, Kayak, or Inline Skate?
If so, come join our Call Center/Customer Care Team at Summit Sports, LLC!
Summit Sports, LLC has been in the retail sporting goods business for over 20 years. We currently operate 6 specialty retail websites along with 3 stores in the Detroit metro area and 1 in East Lansing. We would like to offer YOU an opportunity to be a teammate in our e-commerce Customer Care department. Seasonal Positions are available now, however we always look to keep individuals who excel in the position as part of our permanent full time team.
Your primary responsibilities will be assisting our customers and helping to resolve their inquiries. By using the latest in modern communication and technology tools, you will be able to provide our customers with accurate answers to their questions in both a quick and helpful manner. As a frontline teammate, you will be the primary point of contact for our customers — it is critical that you help provide them with a predictable, compassionate, and timely resolution to their questions and inquiries while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude. A teammate exhibits strong communication skills, excels at customer interaction, exhibits creativity and skill in delivering practical solutions, and thrives in a quick paced and collaborative team environment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer inbound phone calls, emails, and live chats from customers and work to resolve their queries in real time or work with the most relevant department so it can be dealt with appropriately.
- Proactively recommend and educate the customer about equipment and products in order to improve their satisfaction and deepen their relationship with Summit Sports.
- Deliver on metrics for example: phone handled time, customer experience and responding to emails quickly and efficiently.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Functional / Technical Skills
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- You must actively participate in one or more of the sports, or have good general knowledge of the gear we sell.
- Open availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative team environment.
- Strong working knowledge of external systems, PC based internet with software applications (Internet, Microsoft Office — Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Strong verbal (phone) communications utilizing active listening and clearly speaking to customers.
- Strong written (email, live chat) communications utilizing proper grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to work independently while making sound business decisions on case information.
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through.
- Ability to multitask: multiple systems, screens and tasks during customer contacts.
- Time management and Adherence to schedules.
- This position requires sitting, typing and repetitive motions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- $11/hour to start
- Generous employee discount
- Free sports equipment available through bonuses