Web Content Specialist
Summit Sports, LLC. is hiring for a full time e-commerce Web Content Specialist to work at our Corporate Office in Bloomfield Hills MI. We operate 6 websites selling anything from skis to snowboards, Inline Skates to camp gear and Water Sports Equipment to Apparel. The ecommerce Web Content Specialist is responsible for product listings from start to finish. Including but not limited to written product copy, special features, videos, images and other assets to market the product page.
Did you catch all the grammar, spelling and content mistakes in that paragraph? Did they drive you wild, just wanting to fix and edit them? Do you annoy your friends by correcting their grammar constantly? Awesome! You might be just the person we are looking for.
A bit about the job:
A fairly normal day in this department will revolve around listing products that we sell on one of our many action sports sites (Skis.com, Snowboards.com, InlineSkates.com, WaterOutfitters.com, Campgear.com, and SummitOnline.com). You’ll have catalogs from our buyers to help guide you while filling in the appropriate data within our content management system. For each product, a unique description is created about that specific product. You’ll actively seek out high-quality pictures from the vendor or use one that has been shot by our in-house photo department. You may be asked to write blogs or articles as well. Maybe even expose, think piece, or another fancy sounding assignment if we’re feeling cheeky. But probably not. Then it might be break time, a time to go play a game of pool or ping pong and now it’s time to transcribe some videos, continue writing content or fixing errors found on some of the previous records that have been listed. There might even be some dog petting breaks from our various office dogs. They need a lot of attention.
A bit about your responsibilities:
We need you to do things obviously. Or else why would we be here? Here’s the list:
- Responsible for maintenance and creation of product copy across multiple websites, brands and categories (Create and edit content for products carried on Skis.com, Snowboards.com, etc.)
- Develop original SEO content to increase website traffic
- Help maintain a consistent voice throughout each website where copy is being written, extra points for style
- Research new products to understand key selling points, which involves working with the buyers and vendor reps
- Generate product and service descriptions that stand out from the competition
- Participate in brainstorming and creative thinking for new ideas/solutions, we’re big on innovation and collaboration. And donuts.
- Assist Marketing, Public Relations, and Web Content team with additional content pieces, such as articles, infographics, buying guides, and blogs
- Adding photos shot by our photo department or vendor to merchandise records
- Weekly management of assigned reports
- Manage and manipulate product images via Photoshop
- Help resolve product and picture issues found on our sites
- Completing tasks assigned through JIRA task management system
A bit about what you need:
Can you train someone in the art of content creation through interpretive dance only? Good. That’s a start. Here’s the rest:
- Preferably someone that skis and/or snowboards is requested, but not required. E-Commerce/D2C experience a plus. Like 100 extra points right off the bat.
- Basic knowledge of SEO and ability to produce keywords for products being written about is a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML with the ability to edit embedded content a plus
- Comfortable producing in fast-paced, deadline driven environments
- Comfort and prior experience working in a content management system is also a plus. Maybe 50 points.
- A command of the English language and impeccable grammar.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Interpretative dance will be considered a bonus.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Self-motivated, with a helpful attitude and a strong desire to learn.
- Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office, Google Sheets and Docs.
- Pursuing/received an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Creative Writing, English or a degree that promotes analytical/technical abilities a plus.
- Extraordinary attention to detail. Ha! Just checking to see if you fit the bill.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Lead
- Willingness to learn all aspects of the business as needed
- Quick-learner, able to think independently and know how to prioritize multiple tasks.
A bit about what you get:
- Flexible and very casual work environment. Free dog pets. The occasional donut or other sweet treats. Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, sick time, employee discounts and more. We can’t give away all the awesome surprises right off the bat.